1) Better Days (ft Algorrid3m)
2) This Morning
3) Electric (ft Nathi Louw)
4) Proudly African
5) Better Days (ft Algorrid3m) - Alternate Intro
Egmond's first English album is an EP titled Lights Blinding; a collection of all his English recordings led by the new smash hit single Better Days.
According to Egmond the album nearly never happened, and the song Better Days pulled it all together to form the EP. The album includes the previously unreleased song Proudly African that was recorded in 2007. The backing vocals were done by three of his then-colleagues, Pumi, Kefilwe and Sonto. The song was originally recorded as a jingle for a retail chain but has been modified for inclusion on the EP.
The album also includes his other two English singles, namely This Morning and Electric (ft Nathi Louw). An alternate version of the lead single is also included. This version includes the original intro that can be heard in its full version in the Algorrid3m Remix that is also available as a digital single.
The album was recorded in 2003, 2007 and 2017 and would have been released in 2014, however Better Days was placed aside in favour of its Afrikaans version Paradys. Only three years later did the song make it to the studio to be completed. The other three tracks were all recorded by Bernie Millar in Johannesburg while Sandy Robbie completed the production of Better Days after receiving the original recording from artist Algorrid3m.
There are still plans to release a full album version of the EP, with future single Everything We Say ft Algorrid3m as part of the track listing.
• Words and Music: Egmond, except (1 and 5) music also by Algorrid3m and (3) words also by Kgomotso Makokwe
• Recorded between Jun 2003 and Oct 2017.
• Recorded at Air Studios (2 - 4) and Egg-Studios (1, 5).
• Final production and mix by Bernie Millar (2 - 4) and Sandy Robbie (1, 5).
• Original production and programming by Algorrid3m (1, 5), Thabang Makoe and Kgotso Shomang (3), Renier Henn (4).
• Additional production and programming by Sandy Robbie (1, 5).
• Backing vocals by Glenda Millar (2).
• Backing vocals by Pumi, Kefilwe and Sonto (4).
• Electric guitar by Sandy Robbie (2, 3).
• Algorrid3m appears on Better Days.
• Nathi Louw appears on Electric.
© Copyright SAMRO